Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Distractions & Writer's ADHD

I'm not sure what day this is in my Challenge Crazy, but it's close to completion.  Which is good because I don't have long as I'm also going out of town for a conference.  It's been hard to meet the challenge due to distractions.  Especially in organizing the books.  I have a few--maybe a few hundred?--and they're all wonderful.  I get bogged down in stories and forget the reason why I'm looking at them in the first place.  So, I've had to resort to reminding myself with things like timers and rewards.  15 minutes of work gives 15 min of reading and so forth.

I have also been distracted by my other project, but it's almost completed.  I'm saddened by the fact that I have some trees that need to go, but they're dead already or fixing to be.  It's turning out better than I'd hoped. Nail guns still rock! Now, though, paint wars are right up there.

Almost Done!!!!

Nice Distraction
Today not only was golf on NBC, Graeme McDowell was doing well enough to be seen.  Seriously?  Of all the times he decides to play well.  There's some conspiracy to keep me from getting my creative space clean and pack for my conference. It's his fault I have an ulcer.   Now, I find out we're going to be in Houston at the same time?  Hmmm...won't comment on this in case I need to plead the 5th later...
So, I'm well on my way to the A-Z Challenge.  I hope I'm on the right track but it sounds like you can't really get it wrong. I'm thinking I'll go with a theme, but am reluctant to post it yet in case I change my mind on it. Writing is like that for me.  I have a hard time finishing one thing because other characters start competing for attention. I guess I have writer's ADHD.  It's hard to filter out and focus on one project.  I wonder, does anybody have suggestions for staying focused on one project or is this a hazard of the business? 

No comments:

Post a Comment