Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gone with the Procrastination

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task." ~William James

Unless it's weeding through 1300 emails.  Whew, that wasn't easy!
In my technology post I discussed my love/hate relationship with technology.  Part of the problem is email junkmail.  It's like getting those ads in the mail that you didn't ask for and wonder why it came to you.  Before you say it, yes I have a spam filter--but you know how that goes.  Ads come in the mail, solicitors call you, and junk ends up in your inbox. 
It's life in a consumer driven society. 
Not having any more excuses--like the A to Z challenge, certification self-tests, dirty dishes--I finally got on email and the piles of clothes in my laundry basket.  It was getting to the point where I was going to have to wear PJs to work.  I don't know that pirates or plaid would go over too well.  So now I have clean clothes and an empty inbox. 
Scarlett O'Hara often said things like I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.I've been doing that as well.  The problem is my brain is so full of what I'm going to do tomorrow it's going to busy for the next month.  So, I'm going to start working down my list of things I've been putting off.
I just have to reach into tomorrow and pull them back to today....

What are you putting off that could be done today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment