Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Changing Names

The world always seems brighter when you've created something that wasn't there before.  
 Neil Gaiman

Those who follow my blog may have noticed something different.  I have given my page a new name. Why the change?  I was talking to one of my friends about my blog page and I realized I needed something cool and creative. Something nobody else had.  I mean, a writer can't have something so mundane as name/page.  I took two words and put them together. Wordeldnik was too hard to say.  And so wordlenik was created.
What is wordlenik, you ask?   It's something that wasn't there before. There may be things that are close, but nothing that's exactly it. I know.  I searched it on the internet.  
If you think about storytelling, there's not much new in the way of themes and ideas. Love, hate, sorrow, loss.  It's all been told and retold. We all have the same vocabulary to choose from.  But, each writer puts their own spin on it, crafting the story in his or her own way and creating something that wasn't there before.

3 comments:

  1. Quirky is a good word to have associated with you. I tell my patients to always be the leader not the follower and stay true to who you are and want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Very catchy, creative, and inventive. Go wordlenik! Keep thinking outside the box.

    ReplyDelete