Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Flu and Blogging

Therapist:  "...and writing a blog about everything that happens to you will honestly help you."
Dr. John Watson:  "Nothing happens to me."

I could say I was kidnapped by aliens who didn't have internet acess, but maybe the truth is more exciting.   As most know, this year's flu season has hit hard all over the country which results in being busier at work.  I have to admit that after seeing 40 -50 patients in the day, I'm not real excited to blog about things in the evening.  In fact, not real excited to do much of anything but lay on my couch and watch DVDs of my favorite shows. 
Maybe that's a good enough excuse but I've been missing my blog and visiting other people's as well.  It really does help.


Flu, RSV, and a perennial favorite:strep throat.  How can you fight it?

Good handwashing, good nutrition, cough in your elbow, and stay home when you're sick--yeah, yeah, easier said than done, I know.
Did I mention good handwashing? 

A month into 2013 already. Hope all who read this are having a happy and healthy new year.  

I have some challenges for myself for the week of February 3
  1.  post on Sunday, Wednesday, and Saturday here or at the website
  2.  pick one story to finish and write 500 words.
  3.  read two magazine articles--one writing and one medical. 

Goals are supposed to be measureable and have a deadline, right?  I'll see on Saturday how I did.

“We are free to choose our actions, . . . but we are not free to choose the consequences of these actions.”
― Stephen R. Covey  

2 comments:

  1. Good post and worthy resolutions. I hope you get a chance to keep them. This has been a heck of a year for illness. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete