Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O: Optimism: Opportunites in Obstacles


This morning I woke up two hours late with a migraine.  I think it's because my neighbor had a street light installed which shines into my backyard right into my bedroom window and now I don't sleep as well.
Then when I put my clothes on my sandal strap broke--I love those sandals, and I spilt coffee on my shirt and ended up having to wear scrubs.  I'm tired of scrubs.  Now I'm mad at myself because my scrubs are a little tight since I stopped exercising for a stupid reason not important here. 
"I went to sleep with gum in my mouth, and now there's gum in my hair." Alexander--Judith Viorst.
 My morning is reminding me of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  Even writing this is making me later, but I can't help it. I think it's great that my topic for O is optimism and opportunities and my day is starting as it is.  It's a chance to put optimism to the test. 

I'm not holding out much hope to say the day is going to be fantastic. But there are going to be some positive things as well as negative.  It's life.  I'm not going to let my day be ruined by focusing on the negative.
But I have my MAC makeup and my Avalanche has a full tank of gas.  I also like the color of the scrubs I'm wearing. As far as my neighbors--they are so nice and will do anything for you. And, I know two of my patients coming to see me today and they always make your day better.
So, I have my Imitrex and Motrin.  I'll eventually find my keys and make it out the door.  And if all goes well, I'll only have to call child protection once today and actually get done on time and be able to leave at five. 
I'll let you know in a few hours.....

In work, as in life, attitude is everything.  Are you on Team Optimism? Or Team Pessimism?
Or are you somewhere in between? 

“Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.”
Roger Crawford

4 comments:

  1. Great quote and may I say what a stinky day you had today.But I love that you made it a beautiful day! I'm on team Optimism with you. (Only once in a while I'm on that other one) I hope your day got a lot better. I'm betting it did. *waving*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on team optimist all the way. If anything, this sometimes works against me. Good thing I have my editor to help keep me in line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we all have those days where some things go in a direction that we wish they hadn't. I believe we can control our attitude most of the time because it really is a choice. However, there are times when negativity seeps in and we allow it to ferment and make us drunk with it. When I find myself approaching that state, I sober up with positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was about to write a comment and then read Jeremy's comment and thought, Wow, now that is a healthy attitude! I'm somewhere in the middle and try to avoid negativity like the disease that it is.

    ReplyDelete